Nexplanon Hormonal Implant
- You’ll lie on your back with your arm bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Fleming will locate an area on the inner side of your upper arm, and she will inject a local anesthetic. Nexplanon comes in an applicator device, which is insert just beneath your skin. Inserting the device too deeply makes removal difficult.
- After the procedure, you and Dr. Fleming will feel your arm to confirm the presence of the implant.
- The insertion site will be covered with a small bandage, as well as a pressure bandage to minimize bruising. You can remove the pressure bandage in 24 hours, but keep the small bandage clean and in place for three to five days.
- It’s common to experience some degree of bruising, pain, scarring or bleeding at the insertion site.
Please contact Dr. Fleming if there are any significant changes to your medical health or if you are experiencing any signs of infection or side effects since your Nexplanon insertion.
Conveniently located at Playhouse Square at the corner of Forest Street and Washington Street in Wellesley, MA.