COVID-19 Safety Procedures
Women’s Wellness Center is Committed to Your Safe Medical and Gynecologic Care
Women’s Wellness Center of Wellesley remains open during the pandemic and is accepting new patients. During this time, the safety of our patients and staff is our highest priority and we have taken extra precautions to ensure your wellbeing. We have worked hard to prepare our practice and staff so we may provide the safest environment possible for your in-office appointment. Below please find procedures we have implemented. Should you be unable to visit in person, if appropriate, we will accommodate you with telehealth visits.
Reducing Risk of Exposure Before Your Appointment
Please call the office prior to your appointment to speak with us about visitation options or restrictions if you:
- Have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, cold or flu like symptoms, or are feeling sick.
- Have been in close contact with some who has tested positive or are presumed positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Have traveled out of the country, or to a state with significant community spread of COVID-19, in the past 14 days.
Symptom Screening Procedures
- Patients are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure history when making an appointment
- All patients and essential visitors are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure history prior to entering the building at the time of their appointment
- All patients and essential visitors have their temperature taken with a touchless thermometer at the entrance of our office
- All staff are screened and have their temperature taken prior to starting their work shift
Personal Protective Equipment and Hand Hygiene
- All patients and essential visitors are asked to wash their hands in the restroom just outside the office, prior to entering our office
- Masks or face coverings are required for all patients, essential visitors and staff
- Hand sanitizer is readily available for patients, visitors and staff
- Staff perform hand hygiene before and after all patient contact
- We are allowing only visitors who are essential to the appointment to accompany patients
- Patients are offered virtual appointments, by phone or video, when clinically appropriate
- We have increased time between appointments to allow for a more thorough cleaning of the treatment rooms
- We ask patients to call from the parking lot upon arrival. You will be asked screening questions via phone and we will then call you back when the provider is ready to see you
- We do not have more than one patient in the waiting room at any given time
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- All exam rooms, equipment and doorknobs are cleaned and disinfected after each patient visit
- All common area surfaces are cleaned and disinfected frequently throughout the day
- All magazines and other multi-use reading material have been removed from the waiting areas and exam rooms
- Pens and clipboards are disinfected after each use
We appreciate the opportunity to continue to take care of your gynecologic needs during these challenging times, whether in person or via telehealth.
Women’s Wellness Center
Additional COVID-19 Resources:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Prevention and Treatment
- What To Do If You Are Sick
- How COVID-19 Spreads
- CDC Situation Summary
- Current Cases in Massachusetts
- Current Cases in the US
- Global Map Confirmed Cases
Conveniently located at Playhouse Square at the corner of Forest Street and Washington Street in Wellesley, MA.